Anti-Financial Crime - Corporate Banking Transaction Monitoring
Details of the Division and Team:
The Asia-Pacific Anti-Financial Crime Department manage AFC risk, is responsible for ensuring that related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal policies as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
The AVP CIB Transaction Monitoring Investigations Officer's primary responsibility will be handling escalated alerts and cases and conducting investigations, while assisting with other FCI-related duties inclusive of processes such as User Acceptance and Quality Assurance testing. The candidate is expected to be equipped with product knowledge and bring expertise in investigative processes and effective alert- and case- handling procedures.
Your key responsibilities:
The position is located in Singapore and report to the CB Transaction Monitoring Investigations Head in the Singapore FCI Hub or delegated manager. Depending on the experience of the candidate, some or all of the following responsibilities will be assigned:
- Perform AML monitoring of assigned businesses or jurisdictions.
- Perform or support autonomous reviews and investigations.
- Conduct QA testing and oversight on monitoring processes in the Asia Pacific.
- Coordinate and/or prepare the required management information reporting data for local, regional or global submission as applicable.
- Coordinate and work with AFC staff in the home and other locations to ensure consistency in standards and policy implementation.
- Involvement in FCI-related technical and project work and user-acceptance tests.
- Provide input on key initiatives and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Resolving AML/CTF Investigations before these issues have a negative impact on the bank's financial position, reputation or become a regulatory issue.
- Review and analyse daily AML/CTF Cases to ensure that investigations are accomplished to address transactions that contravene the banks or regulatory policy. Ensure these occurrences are documented in the case for regulatory/audit level reviews.
- Investigate cases and associated transactions and identify potential areas of risk (financial, reputational, and regulatory) within the transactions and associated client relationship review
- Investigate cases utilising knowledge of money laundering, financing of terrorism and related issues, seeking guidance and assistance when required from the Team Manager and other colleagues
- Internet and external database searches to ensure no adverse information (RAI) is noted on the client/parties
- Handle complex and confidential cases with little or no guidance
- Accountable to ensure the audit trail is complete for all Cases
- Ensure all alerts and cases are completed within the mandated time frame
- Identify current transaction typologies and keep abreast of emerging ones and apply said typologies to the working of the cases
- Provide support and assistance to the AML/CTF Manager with respect to the requirement that the internal systems parameters are reviewed at least annually
- Escalate data quality and system issues to the AML/CTF Manager.
Your skills and experience:
- Sound technical AML, KYC, investigations knowledge and skills, with demonstrated hands-on experience
- A background in a Financial Investigation Unit or Financial Crime Investigations with broad knowledge of AML or other investigations
- Familiarity with diverse banking products across business lines and experience in working on AML monitoring and case management systems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and efficient
- Be a subject matter expert in AML/CTF typologies/trends
- Ability to Review Evidential Case Files using knowledge of Legislation
- Strong analytical skills with an investigative mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy
- An understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organisations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- A professional business attitude in the workplace
- Relevant AML or related certifications (CAMS, ICA Diploma etc.)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous law enforcement experiences an asset
- Previous experience in investigations
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in AML investigation
- Must be able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D | License No.: 11C4684 | EA Reg no: R1660533