Assistant Director, Product Analysis
About the Company:
Our client is an American diversified global insurer and ranks on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the United States. It employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 locations throughout the world. The company offers a wide range of insurance products and services.
- Role: Assistant Director, Product Analysis
- Remuneration: Upto THB 2 million per annum
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
About the Role:
The Product Economics team is looking for a Consultant for Product Analysis. This person will focus on ensuring our economic capabilities translate into meaningful profit and growth strategies for select markets in Asia. As part of this role, responsibilities will include developing deep product knowledge for assigned markets, monitoring and evaluating large Product initiatives, forecasting our ability to earn target returns, driving course corrective actions when necessary, and partnering with markets to evaluate Product planning inputs and improving overall confidence in our plan. The role will be expected to build significant knowledge of their assigned markets and establish strong relationships with members of the in-country product team.
- Conduct high-complexity analysis under minimal direction.
- Develop operational forecast capabilities and work with the Product leadership team to drive favourable P&L results.
- Influence country market product decisions through recommendations driven by analytics.
- Collaborate with decision-makers and subject matter experts to identify and develop targeted actions to improve performance.
- Partner cross-functionally and help lead East Product Planning pilots in select markets to improve the level of rigour and transparency during the annual planning cycle.
- Build strong relationships and lead frequent two-way communication with in-country product team members and functional subject matter experts.
- Continually improve processes to support increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proven maths and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of an ACAS or master's degree in mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. For Non-Master's degree candidates, a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of applied business experience.
- P&C Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of various programming languages and tools (e.g.: SQL / SAS / PowerBI/ Python, etc.); can perform effective and efficient querying on complex data; ability to manipulate and validate data.
- Strong communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate highly analytical and complex concepts to a broad audience. Candidates speaking Thai will be preferred.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Excellent analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with proven ability to influence leaders across the organization.
- Strong knowledge of product offerings, business processes, product line systems, underwriting, rules, pricing plans, and databases.
- Strong understanding of insurance concepts and financial and operational metrics.
- Ability to travel 15%.
If you are interested in applying, then please forward your updated CV to email@example.com
If you know someone else who may be interested in a new opportunity, please pass their information along, or forward their contact information. We have numerous opportunities in several fields and would love to help you or someone you know find the right fit!
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Sugam Bordoloi