Assistant Vice President, Compliance
- Team of 6 including the Department Head
- Provide advice to business partners (front and back offices) on compliance issues and potential impact of regulatory trends and developments;
- Supervise a small team with respect to AML functions, including:
- Review KYC/CDD documents for the onboarding of new customers and periodic review of existing customers' accounts; transaction monitoring;
- Conduct reviews of transactions flagged as alerts in the SAM ACTIMIZE System within the stipulated timelines;
- Review of hits on customers and connected parties from monthly scanning via Head Office AML Scanning System;
- Lead and participate in Group AML monitoring enhancement projects and ensure timely implementation;
- Assist with the implementation of new regulatory requirements and develop amendments to the compliance program;
- Assist with developing and managing a robust compliance testing & reporting; identifying potential compliance and/or control risks for compliance checks and control enhancements;
- Provide support to business and/or supporting units in the development, implementation and regular review of policies and procedures for their operations with due regard to all applicable regulatory requirements;
- Enforce the General Compliance Manual of the Branch and provide necessary assistance to staff;
- Follow up on all compliance-related, including AML findings, and relevant rectification effort;
- Provide compliance training to employees and manage ad-hoc compliance related tasks;
- Assist in Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") compliance advisory support, including training to the business partners and handling AML issues (suspicious transactions investigation) for the Branch;
- Liaise with relevant parties to track status of internal and external audit findings as well as submit regular status updates to MAS and Head Office;
- Review and update policies and procedures maintained within Compliance Department (Compliance Manual, Compliance Operations Manual, AML Policy and Guidance Notes, Customer Data Protection Policy, etc.);
- Coordinate with relevant parties to complete the operational risk tasks within stipulated timelines (Monthly reporting of Bank wide and ORSA BU KRIs, Bi-annual review of Unit Specific KRIs, Annual ORSA project, etc.).
- Support frontline and adhere to anti-money laundering / counter terrorist financing requirement and sanction risks controls in accordance with regulatory standards and policies.
- Degree holder in Law, Accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years general auditing or compliance experience (experience and knowledge in Wholesale banking products is preferable) in banks in Singapore and/or regulatory bodies
- Professional Compliance qualifications are preferred, such as ICA, ACAMS, etc.
- Good knowledge in Singapore AML/CFT regulations and sanction laws;
- Good knowledge in Singapore banking regulations, operations, products and services.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1871506