A member of the RISK WM team primarily in charge of performing control functions on credit risk management aspects linked to Wealth Management including credit approvals, norms and secured lending methodologies, for booking centres in Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Credit requests review
- Review credit requests and exercise credit authority within delegated parameters and the Bank's risk appetite framework. Ensure high quality and concise risk assessment and escalate with clear recommendations to Senior Credit Officers if not within delegated authority
- Participate in credit committee and prepare minutes
- Control Plan implementation:
- Perform second level of controls on credit irregulars (e.g. shortfalls, credit conditions, special monitoring, etc…)
- Participate in the definition of the controls, as well as the monitoring and analysis frameworks
- Reporting tasks:
- Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports.
- Come up with prospective views aiming at quantifying potential shortfalls and losses through stress-testing, detect and report concentration on counters and potential liquidity issues, sectors …
- Prepare ad-hoc reports to auditors as well as Head of Risk WM APAC and Head of Risk WM Head Office
- Contribute towards reconciliation of reports with Finance & Control
- Financing Ratios analysis:
- review structured products and fund term sheets to assess the financing ratio per WM norms
- contribute to norms and collateral analysis under Head Office power to provide regional expertise
- Contribution to the Risk frameworks
- By providing technical support, e.g. by translating SCOs' observations into pragmatic frameworks under the supervision of Head of Risk WM APAC
- Review of existing credit procedures and implementation of new procedures
- Ensure key issues and deals are escalated to line manager;
- Liaise with other Risk function to tap on their expertise for risk analysis (e.g. collateral, new product committee, transactional committee, …)
- Contribute towards RISK/Credit projects/workgroups, system enhancements, new product review committee and review of Bank's standard documentation and procedure.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant working experience in Credit Risk assessment/control function.
- Experience in Wealth Management and knowledge of the Asian environment will be added advantage
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1660533