PB Business Risk Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Private Banking - Business Risk Management ("PB BRM") belongs to First Line of Defense (FLoD) and is responsible for monitoring, identifying, assessing, and managing business risks embedded in the First Line. Proactive in ensuring the bank's risk culture and risk appetite is applied holistically and consistently in the First Line.
For this role, main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Implement and operate business risk controls on First Line activities as required by Private Banking Controls Blueprint
- Focus on monthly investment suitability, fund transfer and pricing reviews
- Responsible for engaging First Line stakeholders on remediations for observations
- Manage FLoD Risk Scorecard and ensure proper tracking, execution and integrity of the Scorecard results
- provide regular and adhoc management reporting on control results
- Ability to understand risk in First Line activities, proactively design and implement controls
- Conduct training to First Line on requirements of investment suitability, selling procedures as well as Risk Scorecard
- Manage and oversight of the FLoD Risk Register, and shared ownership of all Risk Matrices in the bank
- Conduct thematic reviews of the business to identify risks and controls required in the First Line
- Enhance controls in front-to-back delivery while supporting efficiency in business processes
- Prepare ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly BRM reporting to Operational Risk Management Committee, Local Management and Group.
- Advantageous to have knowledge / experience with investment products