- Analyze and understand user's needs. Challenge status quo and the reflex of solutioning rather than focusing on the core requirement or perpetuating old processes and bad habits.
- Design and propose optimal and future proof solutions to meet these requirements.
- Define and articulate unambiguous implementation instructions for the development teams, success criteria for the test team and operational changes (when applicable) for end users.
- Be an active member of the scrum team, contributing to the solution build and delivery, reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, assisting with sprint planning and retrospective.
- Assist the business with user acceptance tests, including communication, planning, preparation, and test case preparation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage, and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Identify risks and impediments early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to workstream lead and business stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Be delivery focused, committed to specific tasks and ensure these and the deadlines are met.
- Heads of trading desks, flow traders, structured traders, quantitative analysts, middle office, market risk, Product Control/Valuation Control, development leads, developers, testers, project managers, program manager, support groups.
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and Technology).
- Delivery of individual tasks within the projected timelines.
- Quality of solutions design (future proof, generic, scalable, supportable, high degree of CI / CD).
- Quality of documentation, high degree of test coverage of the solutions being delivered.
- Compliance with corporate governance, ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews.
Our Ideal Candidate.
- 8+ years of experience with business analysis and solution design in the Financial Markets industry.
- Strong knowledge of derivatives across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge in the reference and market data (rate /fx / cds / commodities curves, vol surfaces, FM instruments, bonds / ABS, futures, ect).
- Background in engineering is a big plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Quantitative finance understanding, ability to liaise with quants on pricing and risk topics.
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming, and architecture.
- Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development practices.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative.
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English are a must.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Displays personal authority, integrity, and ethics.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of FM products and market data
- Pricing and risk of derivative products
- Trading systems
- Agile delivery
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, License No.: 11C4684