The role sits in the Company Financial Markets Technology team focusing on the build out of the in-house strategic cross asset risk platform: SABRE. It consists in designing and delivering solutions to the users of this platform with an initial focus on Market, Static and Reference data management.
Whilst the SABRE platform has continuously been improved over the years to scale to an ever-increasing user base and a growing number of capabilities, amount of data and computation, its static and market data components have grown organically without going through any drastic transformation. The refreshed FM static and market strategy also provides a unique opportunity to realign the SABRE Static and Market Data Service (MDS) software architecture, interfaces, and operational processes to that strategy.
MDS supports ~100+ million requests per day, about 2200 users worldwide and is a critical component of the FM Risk platform. It's also an enabler for all major projects: FRTB, IBOR transition, key systems migrations and more. The team is made of ~30 people and delivers to all functions, FM Front Office (incl. Quants), Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation Control, Product Control, Technology and Back Office. It covers all asset classes: FX, Rates, Credit, EQ and Commodities.
The role consists in joining the team driving the MDS transformation while delivering continuous improvements to all key stakeholders.
- Analyse and understand user's needs. Challenge status quo and the reflex of solutioning rather than focusing on the core requirement or perpetuating old processes and bad habits.
- Design and propose optimal and future proof solutions to meet these requirements.
- Define and articulate unambiguous implementation instructions for the development teams, success criteria for the test team and operational changes (when applicable) for end users.
- Be an active member of the scrum team, contributing to the solution build and delivery, reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, assisting with sprint planning and retrospective.
- Assist the business with user acceptance tests, including communication, planning, preparation and test case preparation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Identify risks and impediments early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to workstream lead and business stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Be delivery focused, committed to specific tasks and ensure these and the deadlines are met.
- Heads of trading desks, flow traders, structured traders, quantitative analysts, middle office, market risk, Product Control/Valuation Control, development leads, developers, testers, project managers, program manager, support groups.
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and Technology).
- Delivery of individual tasks within the projected timelines.
- Quality of solutions design (future proof, generic, scalable, supportable, high degree of CI / CD).
- Quality of documentation, high degree of test coverage of the solutions being delivered.
- Compliance with corporate governance, ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of experience with business analysis and solution design in the Financial Markets industry.
- Strong knowledge of derivatives across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge in the reference and market data (rate /fx / cds / commodities curves, vol surfaces, FM instruments, bonds / ABS, futures, ect).
- Background in engineering is a big plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Quantitative finance understanding, ability to liaise with quants on pricing and risk topics.
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming, and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development practices.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative.
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English are a must.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of FM products and market data
- Pricing and risk of derivative products
- Trading systems
- Agile delivery
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684