This position, based in Singapore, is in the Business Analytics department. The candidate will manage a dedicated business analytics team, using data, analytics and statistical methods to generate insights. The immediate priority is to lead a project to implement business use cases on Tableau, working with IT teams to ensure timely deployment and assisting end users to facilitate adoption. He/she will need to oversee activities of the analytics team throughout the analytics lifecycle to ensure that analytics delivers business value and work of high quality.
- Leadership Role
- Lead and oversee a team of business analysts
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team
- Coach and mentor members to raise critical skills, competency levels and prepare them for professional growth
- Analytics Role
- Drive analytics activities at all stages of the analytics life-cycle - understanding business needs, defining business questions to be answered, sourcing, cleansing and transforming data, conducting data analysis, explaining analytics findings implications and proposals in business terms
- Engage stakeholders to understand business issues, opportunities and to frame it in a manner that can be analysed and modelled
- Plan and track progress of analytics development activities
- Identify and obtain relevant data, ensure proper data cleansing, transformation and aggregation rules are applied, explained and documented
- Ensure that statistical and analytics techniques applied are suitable for the issue at hand, and assumptions / constraints of the techniques are clearly understood
- Translate analytics findings and insights into actionable business proposals and activities
- Develop effective communication using data visualisation techniques, data storytelling and presentation best practices
- Present findings and recommendations
- Collaboration Role
- Facilitate individual and team collaboration with internal and external teams
- Ensure internal data & analytics standards are enforced and reviewed for continued relevance
- Support analytics operationalisation, validate relationship between performance and result indicators
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in leading data analytics teams in a banking environment
- Proven track record of successful execution of data analytics initiatives where development of insights led to improved business performance. Candidate must be able to demonstrate success leading analytics and analytics teams, working with structured / unstructured data, applying statistical & analytics methodology to undercover insights, and explaining & presenting analytics recommendations to non-analytics audiences.
- Individuals with practical experience applying analytics in sales management, client growth or product portfolio analytics in a private banking domain on Tableau platform will have a strong advantage
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Data Science, Data Analytics or Applied Statistics
- Mastery in usage of R, Python, Tableau desktop / prep/ server and SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint collaboration tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - this position requires individuals with exceptional ability to understand business problems, summarise expectations, translate and explain analytical results and recommendations clearly, and precisely in business terms. He/she is expected to interact with numerous stakeholders to aid them in applying data to guide decisions
- Analytics skills - the candidate must have a passion for using data and data analytics to improve business performance, and be highly knowledgeable and skilled in statistical, analytics and data mining techniques
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills - ability to assess situations, verify facts, reason logically to formulate and propose alternatives.
- Interpersonal skills - highly driven and self-motivated, and very comfortable working with senior business executives from cross functional areas, with ability to interact with ease, collaborate with diverse teams, establish rapport, and build trust.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684