About our client
Our client envisions to become a trusted digital exchange for institutional clients in Asia and globally by offering an integrated end to end trading, settlement and custody service for crypto-currencies and digital assets. They aim to provide an institutional-grade environment to initially trade crypto-currency assets and later to issue, trade and custodies digital assets as well as enable the tokenization of existing securities and non-bankable assets.
They are set to directly target the institutional demand for trading cryptocurrency assets, as well as the growing demand for public and private regulated digital assets and securities. It will leverage the extensive networks of Europe and Asia.
They are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join their management team.
The position of CTO is to manage, first hiring the team to plan, build and operate the technical solutions for their core business, starting with crypto exchange, settlement and custody. You will play a crucial function tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with the vision for its technological needs. You will manage the relationship with external IT vendors and ensure implementation within tight timeframe, as per business plan. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in financial software development and management. You will be part of Senior Management teams and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build the company.
A successful CTO should have in-depth knowledge of current and nascent trends in the institutional trading technology field. To be successful, you will be a highly analytical professional and possess excellent organizational skills.
As CTO you will report directly to their CEO. The role is located in Singapore.
- Lead and manage the overall technology function within the company
- Deliver high quality technology solutions on-time, on-budget, and on-scope
- Ensure technology compliance within strict regulatory standards and frameworks
- People management, hiring, planning, leadership and performance management of IT staff
- Build, manage and nurture a solid relationship with IT leadership team, colleagues, governance and project teams to address business needs while driving system and process standards
- Provide guidance, mentorship and strategic direction to plan, build and operate teams
- Create and nurture a culture of delivery, collaboration and high performance, combined with equality and respect for colleagues
- Technology budget ownership, management and responsibility
- Vendor engagements, selection, ongoing management and responsibility
- Lead in developing proposals and business cases for technology to enable business initiatives
- Participate in the translation of business requirements to the Enterprise IT organization so that business needs are understood and addressed
- Engagement with colleagues, industry bodies, regulators and partners to ensure that ADX is well positioned and well regarded by regulators, the fintech community, and as a place to work
- Utilize deep capital markets expertise to work with Subject Matter Experts to devise and communicate solution designs
- Partner with key personnel to determine the key business needs or requirements in support of sustaining or developing IT related solutions and roadmaps
- Act as primary liaison where appropriate with business staff to align expectations of projects and to ensure that goals are being achieved
- Contribute to business strategy in cooperation with business owners and technology teams to enable future business solutions
- Master/Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- International experience in trading technology (exchange, sell-side, buy-side, vendor)
- Minimum 15 years' experience in information technology management
- Track record in wide-scale implementation of technology solutions
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with API centric trading technology
- Experience with digital assets, cryptocurrency and/or security tokens
- Thought leadership in trading technologies and the fintech environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of modern technologies and architectures - DLT, cloud technologies, middleware, micro services, databases, API design, FIX protocol, TCP/IP, UDP, SOA, SaaS, HTML5, MVC, Message oriented middleware
- Highly-analytical mind-set with superb problem-solving skills
- Collaborative, consultative, mentoring management style
- Ability to provide a growth environment for technology staff
- Ability to lead the adoption of technology and business process standards
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to build, lead and motivate teams
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D | Licence No.: 11C4684 | EA Reg No.: R 1440978