The Role Responsibilities
The Cloud Networks Engineering team is a team responsible for cloud engineering focusing on the network services in the public cloud service providers. We build the resilient, scalable, and secured network services construct into the baseline of the cloud account/subscription used by the development teams. These baselines are delivered through the internal platform that relies on automation, Infrastructure as Code, and CICD pipelines.
- You constantly reducing the toils of the team through process improvement and automating common network tasks in the public cloud service providers.
- You contribute to the design and implementation of the network services in the public cloud service providers, providing a resilient and scalable global cloud networking to support business requirements
- You will collaborate with the on-prem network team ensuring the availability of the global network connectivity and services to the public cloud service providers.
- Ensure understanding of the risk and control environment within Cloud services for Networks.
- You will collaborate with the security team ensuring that the design and implementation of the networking in the cloud service providers meets the security policies requirements and fulfil the required controls.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
- Continue to evolve and embed best practices in key areas.
- Ensure vendor relationships are appropriately managed and deliver value.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong understanding and experience with DevOps/DevSecOps practices
- Experience with one or more cloud environments (AWS and Azure preferred) and/or Kubernetes networking
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Github actions, etc.
- Experienced with infrastructure automation tools, such as Terraform, Ansible, Scripting languages, etc.
- Fast learner and keen to expand your knowledge and picking up new technologies
- Basic understanding of routing and switching concepts such as routing, VRF, BGP, and Linux networking
- Superb understanding and experience with the cloud network services and protocols such as Direct Connect/Express Route, VPC/VNET, DNS, Transit Gateway/vHub, Internet/NAT Gateways, private link/endpoint, load balancers/proxy, HTTPS, etc.
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering with one or more of languages
- Hands-on experience in software engineering with one or more languages: Go/Python/ Perl/PHP/Ruby/C
- Excellent ability in writing technical documentation
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- DevOps/DevSecOps practitioner
- Public Cloud Hands-on skills (AWS/Azure) or Kubernetes Container Networking
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Github Actions, etc)
- Infrastructure as Code
- Automation skills (scripting languages)
- Routing/Switching/Linux Networking
- Cloud Network Services and Protocols
- Coding (Go/Python/ Perl/PHP/Ruby/C)
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684