The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Counsel in advising and supporting a wide range of legal matters across a range business unit, including data governance, regulatory, commercial data, technology and software licensing transactions and strategic agreements.
This is a hands on role where you will be responsible for executing on a variety of work including review and negotiation of complex commercial licensing and strategic contractual arrangements including for data licenses, service agreements, market data licenses, redistribution arrangements, exchange agreements and policies and data vendor contracts; creation of form templates; working closely with the business to determine efficient and consistent contracting processes; providing legal support on regulatory matters; providing some legal support to Market Data Governance, Marketing, Finance, and product development departments.
- Corporate generalist/support for subsidiaries in Asia Pac, including Japan, in their legal contract needs
- Draft, review and negotiate various agreements primarily NDAs, license agreements, data agreements, customer agreements and data sourcing agreements.
- Assist in the preparation and review of external requests for information (RFI's and RFP's)
- Perform a legal review of Data Services marketing materials
- Research and advise on relevant regulatory matters or requirements or new legal issues when necessary
- Ensure that advice provided is consistent with the relevant regulatory requirements and policies
- Liaise with business and provide advice and assistance as requirements might arise
- Collaborate closely with business, sales, and product teams in the context of commercial negotiations and client discussions/issues
- To be an enthusiastic and professional member of the legal department
Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified lawyer, Australia. Position is suitable for around 5+ years PQE but candidates of other PQE will be considered with applicable experience
- Experience in commercial licensing transactions, commercial contracting and contract negotiation/providing legal advice across a variety of products and services
- Excellent communication skills are key; ability to attentively listen, actively engage, and concisely and effectively communicate in oral and written form
- A strong work ethic, excellent leadership skills, and action-oriented interest in taking on increased levels of responsibility
- Ability to work autonomously and to adapt effectively in frequently changing working environments
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and clients simultaneously and effectively and work in a fast-paced environment; and when the situation calls for it, willingness to work off hours
- Desire and ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyse legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
Company Reg. No.: 201131609D | Licence No.: 11C4684 | EA Reg No.: R1216327