As the DevOps Engineer, you will be the primary point person for designing and automating the work of in software development and IT operations for digital asset and financial applications. You will work with both internal and external resources to automate and integrate the different software development lifecycle components, primarily in an AWS cloud environment. You will also work with other IT teams to account for risk mitigation and regulatory compliance, as well as technical project management. The DevOps Engineer will report to the Head of Engineering.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work in collaboration with internal and external team members to define and refine multiple architectures for application hosting and deployment orchestration (including DLT platforms, React UI, Web servers, RDBMS, CMS, etc.).
- Design, build, and implement frameworks to automate deployment pipelines that will enable the rapid creation, upgrading, maintenance, and decommissioning of application software, with the goal of increasing system efficiency and lowering risk and effort on deployment tasks.
- Work with vendors, Engineering team members, and other IT personnel to resolve DevOps problems as needed.
- Maintain the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability through design and testing,
- Develop Proof-of-Concepts for new ideas as part of the continuous improvement efforts to introduce technical best practices to the CI/CD pipeline.
- Manage and administer the cloud service accounts together with the engineering management team, including the tracking of cloud service utilization and cost optimization.
- Implement monitoring and alerting capabilities, remediation processes, and SLAs.
- Collaborate with the Security and Infrastructure teams on security and operations requirements definitions, implementation, and documentation as it pertains to DevOps, such as maintaining and operating security access control, backups, system patching, and upgrade process and redundancy strategies.
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies and trends in networking, hosting, operations, tools, etc. as it applies to DevOps.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing the DevOps strategies and practices for a software development lifecycle environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing cloud platform services, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX or Linux-based environments, ideally in a financial services environment.
- Experience in deploying, using, and managing software workflows, such as Bitbucket Pipelines, Github Actions, and relevant AWS toolsets.
- Experience with automation software (e.g. Ansible, Terraform).
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes and helm).
- Some scripting experience (e.g. Shell, Python).
- Experience with monitoring systems (for example DataDog, Loki, Graphite/Grafana) and with central logging systems (ELK, etc.).
- Solid networking knowledge, particularly for cloud network configuration and management.
- Solid knowledge of database configuration and management, ideally cloud-based PaaS DB offerings.
- Working knowledge of Web and application servers (NGINX, Tomcat, etc).
- Some understanding of security engineering principles.
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through significant professional experience.
- A college degree in Engineering or Sciences is preferred.
- A certification in AWS architecture or management and/or container management (Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Familiarity with the MAS Technical Risk Management Guidelines is very helpful, but not necessary.
- Experience with blockchain, distributed ledger technologies, cryptocurrencies etc. is helpful but not necessary.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1325976