AVP, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
About the Company:
Our client is an international banking group having a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Asia Pacific, it is a leading employer with 9,000 employees and a presence in 14 markets.
Role: AVP, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
Support Team Head of FRR to deliver team missions in
- Financial & Regulatory Expertise, ensuring financial and regulatory data accuracy and reliability, performing consistent product analysis, and managing cost of risk analysis.
- Financial Synthesis for local statutory reporting and contributing to Head Office reporting.
- Liquidity and Regulatory reporting, producing liquidity ratios, steering of liquidity indicators, and producing regulatory reporting in Singapore.
- Assist the Team Head of the Financial & Regulatory Reporting team and contribute in the below:
- Gain transversal product knowledge in Global Market, Global Banking, and Wealth Management perimeters in the context of accounting, credit / RISK and Liquidity related domains;
Accounting & Regulation
- Keep updated in accounting treatments and norms, including IFRS/IAS standards, group accounting policies, regional memos/policies;
- Well versed in regulatory reading and build connection(s) among regulatory requirements, in the perimeter of SG Finance owned reporting, jointly with Compliance team(s)
Booking & Closing
- Gain good knowledge in ledger accounting schemes (AT2, Midas, OLY, OFS etc), together with Local and Regional Control Teams;
- Explore system behaviours and data flow from upstream operational systems to accounting ledger to form a front-to-end view;
- Supervise nearshore team for a smooth closing process, with constructive feedbacks in service quality, knowledge and controls.
- Supervise the coordination and preparation of Annual Local Statutory Reporting and disclosures items, as well as the filing of annual return, financial statements and board documents in liaison with corporate secretary.
- Coordinate and support the information requirements from the external auditors on statutory audit, including arranging for meetings, approval of engagement letters and management representation letters, in liaison with the external auditors on annual audits.
- In liaison with IT teams, maintain regulatory reporting database in the perimeter of SG Finance in regulatory data mappings and recurring/ad hoc adjustments with 4-eye controls.
- Perform checks with accuracy of daily compliance reports and weekly compliance summary for post-compliance monitoring purpose and senior management information;
- Perform checks with accuracy of submissions of the local regulatory returns prescribed by MAS Notices and Circulars, the surveys required by MAS and STATISTICAL BOARD, together with queries and additional information request from regulators;
Documentation and control framework
- Ensure proper documentation for audit trails and update of SOPs (both at transversal and working files level);
- Ensure proper and balanced control mindset to operate efficiently within APAC Finance Control Framework;
- Contribute to overall internal permanent control framework.
- Perform regulatory or financial change impact simulation on new or changes in business activities.
- Contribute to the change management projects or ad hoc topics in organisation, systems, regulatory/accounting changes or continuous improvements (e.g. streamlining, automation, operational performance control framework etc)
- Accounting Degree from a reputable university
- Certified Chartered Accountant or CPA
- Relevant banking working experiences of at least 8 years or more, exposed to one or more business lines of Global Market, Corporate Banking, and Wealth Management, with preferably some big-4 audit firm background.
- Solid track record in Singapore regulatory reporting (from MAS, ACRA, SGX, Statistics Department etc)
If you are interested to apply, then please forward your updated CV to email@example.com
If you know someone else who may be interested in a new opportunity, please pass their information along, or forward their contact information. We have numerous opportunities in several fields and would love to help you or someone you know find the right fit!
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684