Head of Finance (Reinsurance)
- Newly created role
- Knowledge of IFRS 17
- Team Management
You will be acting as key strategic leader and member of the Senior Management reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with CEO and Board to manage and monitor P&L, Balance Sheet, Controllership, Investments and Capital Adequacy
- Handles responsibility for all accounting cycle testing, reporting, auditing, and compliance functions.
- Leads the creation of annual financial budgets and re-forecasting as necessary for the organisation
- Produces timely and consistently monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including IFRS 17 reporting including consolidating entities and coordinating annual audits.
- Prepares and files premium tax returns and all statutory reporting.
- Prepares and works with outside firm on quarterly and annual income tax filings.
- Handles responsibility for management oversight of reinsurance accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Creates, support, and maintains investment guidelines for the organisation.
- Maintains a leadership role in management of regulatory, rating agency, and Board of Directors reporting and communication functions.
- Confers with board members, organisation officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Accountancy, or possess an accountancy professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other equivalent) with at least 12 years of relevant experience in insurance or reinsurance industry
- Experienced in monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including IFRS 17 reporting including consolidating entities and coordinating annual audits would be preferable
- Have good communication skills - both written and verbal, with the ability to develop strong working relationships with senior business partners, resolving problems cross-functionally across departments and regions
- Excellent business and commercial judgement, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
You should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, with problem-solving skill. Intellectual curiosity, strong professional judgment, work independently and have initiative mindset.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D | License No.: 11C4684 | EA Reg no: R1544539