Legal Counsel's reporting line is to the Head of Legal for Singapore and will be required to work collaboratively with other Securities Services lawyers locally and in the APAC region.
The Legal Counsel will need to demonstrate applied knowledge of principles and practices of financial services law in Singapore. Be highly adept in banking and securities, futures, derivatives law and product knowledge of custody would be advantageous. The Legal Counsel must possess analytical skills, always seeking accuracy and quality in results.
- Negotiation and establishment of agreements for new clients or new deals with existing clients. Supporting sales and relationship managers in their commercial negotiations, or directly engaging with client's legal advisors to resolve technical issues.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to the business on new products and services.
- Review, negotiate and draft agreements relating to the business and other service providers, including sub-custodian and sub-clearers.
- Implement appropriate legal controls and policies where necessary.
- Draft legal disclaimers, review incidents and provide legal advice in respect of good value claims.
- Develop and maintaining standard legal documentation for all products and services offered in Singapore.
- Keep abreast with regulatory and legal updates in Singapore and apply changes accordingly to Bank's framework including standard documentation.
- Providing reporting to Head of Legal Affairs Pacific, local Committees, and local management as and when required.
- Candidate should have minimum 4 years post qualification experience in the financial services sector from a top tier law firm or alternatively from another custodian bank.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to operate independently and to apply judgement and knowledge to various situations, including regulation evaluation and oversight of any subsequent implementation.
- The candidate must be familiar with the Singapore financial services legal environment and have a good understanding of banking and securities, futures and derivatives laws.
- Degree qualified in Singapore Law. Being also qualified in Malaysia Law would be an advantage.
- Technically specific qualifications or evidence of ongoing development for area of specialisation
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook
Interetsted applicants please email your CV in Microsoft Words format to Goh Jin Pin at J.email@example.com
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684