Principal Consultant, Pre-Sales (Renewable Energy SCADA)
We are seeking a candidate with strong technical background in Operational Technology (OT), and system networking of renewable energy power plants (such as Wind, Solar and Battery Energy Storage) to join the team in the digitalization of smart renewables and energy IoT technologies at the Singapore HQ office. You will work closely with a global team of talented renewable energy experts and cross-functional teams and be responsible for key customer engagements and project solutioning by helping to connect renewable energy assets with company's AIoT and renewable energy software products. You will work as a SCADA and EMS presales manager, and subject matter expert for stakeholders on the design and development of OT solutions for Wind, Solar and Energy Storage projects globally.
- Interact with both internal and external stakeholders (such as Developers, EPCs, Asset owners and O&M), to design suitable solution architectures for a client-compliant SCADA and EMS system; Interface with plant controller manufacturers, transmission and system operators, asset owners, and operations and maintenance personnel to ensure SCADA systems are designed and implemented in accordance with contractual requirements and best practices
- Specify, review designs, and configure SCADA, EMS, Power Plant Controllers, RTUs, IT Equipment and Meteorological Stations for renewable power generation projects (e.g., solar, wind, energy storage), and hybrid power plants; Develop conceptual designs for control equipment that comply with contract and interconnection requirements
- Design, implement and configure edge devices and gateways for utility solar, wind, battery storage projects, to enable cloud based real-time monitoring and advanced performance analytics
- Provide SCADA expertise and guidance on energy storage, solar and wind power systems during the planning, design, development, deployment and operational phases of each project
- Ensure SCADA requirements and expectations are clear; Work with Edge and SCADA Product Managers to aggregate SCADA client requirements, and identify product feature requests and pain points for continuous product enhancement and refinement
- Coordinate networking equipment configuration, including physical interfaces and protocols, assigning IP addresses, and administration of firewall rules
- Maintain project and SCADA documentation
- Occasional travel is required, based on business requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5-8 years of utility and/or industry SCADA experience, including a track record of hands-on experience in solar projects, including the implementation of SCADA and Edge gateway (Wind, Battery Storage project experience is a plus).
- Ability to communicate complex SCADA and controls concepts to non-domain experts in a collaborative manner.
- Working knowledge of the renewable energy industry and projects.
- Experience with HV and MV electrical infrastructure and equipment; including metering and protection components.
- Prior Installation, commissioning or construction of renewable power generation systems a plus.
- Familiarity with and ability to stay current with SCADA regulations
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1110525