Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Industry: Banking & Financial Services
About the Role:
- installation of hardware and software.
- Gather, analyses and translate the business requirements into business solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Network Security Principles and experience applying the security policy into solution design.
- Designing, architecting and implementing various suite of Network security tools like NDR, IDS/IPS,,CAS etc.
- Working with vendors on explaining the requirements, challenging their technical acumen, and performing due diligence on their offerings to ensure that it meets banks needs
- Preparation of design documentation for project presentation.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as NDR and intrusion detection systems.
- Develop and maintain network security policies and procedures, this includes defining security standards and guidelines in compliance with industry regulations
- Drive upgrades and migration to ensure solutions and or related platform are maintained in tip-top working conditions with proper documentation and RCA.
- Test and manage application functionalities, system and infrastructure changes, upgrades, enhancements, patches, and troubleshooting.
- Managing the end-to-end lifecycle of Security products
- Work within established practices and handling guidelines to triage device outages.
- Available to respond to any requests and assist with troubleshooting activities along with proper documentation.
- Resolve standard/routine issues with no guidance and complex/unusual issues with minimal guidance.
- Capable of juggling variety of priorities and deliverables in an operational, interrupt driven environment with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Automation of manual tasks on various security technologies.
- Provide support for all Audit requests.
- Manage and coordinate change, Incident and problem process engagement with regards to current security solutions.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including technical and business.
- ITC/Diploma/Degree in engineering/Computer Science / IT/Cyber Security from a recognized educational institution
- Certification in Network security is a plus.
- Professional security related qualification (e.g. SANS GCIA, GCIH etc.) will be advantageous, although not mandatory
- Overall experience of 7 - 10+ years.
- Hands-on experience with security or monitoring products, with in-depth knowledge of 3 or more of the following systems: NDR, FireEye, Symantec CAS, IDS/IPS and EDR
- Understanding of defense-in-depth and layered network security architectures. Web Servers, Encryption.
- Administrative and functional understanding of relational database systems such as MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL.
- Strong understanding of network technologies.
- Strong knowledge in understanding OS, Proxy, Network and other main-stream Infrastructure, Application, Access, and Cloud logs.
- Experience in Automation using any scripting languages like Python and Shell.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on implementing Use Cases would be add-on.
- Understanding of Kill chain, MIRTE ATT&CK framework and NIST methodology
Interested applicants, please email your CV to Danielle Tan in Microsoft Words format at Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Reg No.: 201131609D | Licence No.: 11C4684 | Reg No: R23114873, Danielle Tan