As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will have the opportunity to leverage your extensive full-stack software skills in a modern and rapidly evolving development environment, while also being deeply integrated into a broader team that's on the leading edge of financial innovation.
As a senior engineer, both hands-on development and technical leadership are big parts of the job. You'll be a key technical stakeholder in our feature planning process, helping to map complex business requirements to technical solutions and offering your ideas and opinions. You'll have extensive opportunities to mentor more junior members of the team, and will contribute significantly to ensuring we continue to hire the best engineering talent to the team. We build quickly but carefully - the security and privacy of our investors and partners is paramount, so you'll be keeping these front-of-mind throughout all of the work that you do.
Our Platforms team is predominantly front-end focused, owning both the customer-facing and internal user interfaces that are the main interaction points with our ecosystem. This team has experimentation and agility in its DNA. Given our large and diverse group of end users and a rapidly evolving market, we know that the perfect user experience won't stay perfect for long.
Working very closely with our Marketing and Investment teams, members of our Platforms team take a pragmatic approach to solutions development. Where coded UIs are required, they use frameworks like NextJS or vanilla React to build quickly and iteratively. Embracing a "less is better" approach to code, this team also owns our growing slate of no-code implementations. In conjunction with Product Design, Platforms ensures that the Group visual identity and component library is continuously expanded and improved upon.
We're a supportive, social, and entrepreneurial team of former investment bankers, technologists and strategists. Clear, honest communication is key to everything we do.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working as a key contributor to our Platforms code base, as a technical advisor and a thought leader
- Participating in code reviews within and outside of your team to help continuously improve the quality of our code
- Having the opportunity to own your own deliverables, working with business stakeholders and peers on your team from planning through to release
- Contributing to the continued development of our front-end architectures, as well as supporting infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- In consultation with our Data team, evolve the data schemas that underpin our business processes
- Adding to our automated testing framework
- Taking part in regular security testing
- Keeping up to date with the latest in tooling and industry best practice, ensuring that we're constantly discussing, evaluating and implementing the best
- Expressing your ideas, opinions and feedback on our tech stack, tooling and culture to ensure we're always improving as a technology team and as a company
You'll be a great fit for us if you
- 4-7 years of software engineering experience
- Good knowledge of major front-end frameworks, with advanced knowledge in at least one (ideally React-based ecosystems)
- Good knowledge of mobile app development. Hands-on native (iOS/Android) experience is not necessary as we generally take a transpilation approach (React Native, Flutter, etc.), but experience with releasing/managing apps in major app stores is an asset
- Able to choose the right coding pattern for the job, including around building easily testable code (if not via pure TDD, at least leveraging those principles)
- Excellent ability to craft unit tests, and familiarity with major front-end focused testing tools like Jest
- Good experience with source control systems like Github or Bitbucket, and how they work within a team
- Strong code review habits, leading by example on being proactive and constructive with comments and conversations among your peers
- Excellent knowledge data modelling in both relational and non-relational databases
- Good familiarity with API-driven system design
- Financial services, particularly the investment space
- Digitised and decentralised finance (DeFi), and all the new financial products and possibilities that come with these innovations (cryptocurrencies, tokenized assets, NFTs, etc.)
- An appreciation for experimentation and designing systems/processes that accommodate business and technical agility
Company Reg No.: 201131609D | License No.: 11C4684 | EA Reg no: R1660533