Specialist - Secure Web Defence
- Responsible for managing BAU operational and engineering tasks for Network and perimeter security technologies (Content Delivery Network, Web Application Firewall, Network Layer DDOS, API protection, Bot Management and etc)
- The primary focus of this role will be to stabilise the operational function swiftly and move towards engineering & automation, self-service and SRE.
- Regularly assist team members with maintenance, tuning, and implementation of Web Application Firewall, Content Delivery Network & other application layer security configurations as needed.
- Understand project approach to technical deployments for critical cyber security services including Infra DDoS Protection, Application Layer Security, TLS/SSL Certificates, Web Resilience & DNS Protection.
- Architect, deploy and maintain proactive security tools including, but not limited to: Web Application Firewalls, DDoS Protection, Bot Mitigation (web applications), API Protection and custom tools
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within the company operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services".
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing, and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories.
Responsible to deliver the Banks Secure Web Defence Service
Regulatory & Business Conduct *
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/[team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Services Domain Heads within Security Technology Services
- Technology Services - End User Services; Core Infra Services - Networks; Second Line and Third Line of Defence
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Perimeter Security; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats);
- Documents solution requirements given business and technical objectives
- Defines, creates, and maintains WAF, CDN and DDoS Configurations.
- Understands various proxy authentication methods with relation to a domain environment
- Serves as a primary responder as part of Major Incident Management taking ownership on resuming services.
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting effort for production deployment
- Functions as a liaison between the Bank and Vendor Technical Support teams as part of Incident and Problem Management
- Competent in reporting issues, anomalies and problems through proper channels (i.e., Incident, Problem Management from technical support)
- Able to analyse Packet capture (Wireshark, tcp dump) to identify the Network level issues
- Performs other duties relevant to deployment and security operations as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT / Information Systems.
- Overall 4 years of combined IT and Info Security work experience with a broad range of exposure to Information Security Systems
- 3+ Years' experience in Network Security related technologies (Web Application Firewalls, Bot Protection, API Protection, DNS Security, DDoS Protection, etc)
- 1+ Years' experience in log correlation SIEM solutions like Splunk
- Experience with Security Automation and tools around it
- Any certifications on Network, Perimeter and Cloud security related technologies are preferred (Content Delivery Network, Web Application Firewall, Network Layer DDOS, API protection, Bot Management and etc)
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684