The Role Responsibilities
Implement Bank Standard best practices and shared solutions across domain.
- Should be ready to work in the Support Environment.
- Should be a good team player.
- Should be open to work in shifts. Rotational Night Shifts. [ Monthly - one week ]
- Deliver production solutions that meet the banks business and strategic needs.
- Should have 8-12 years of experiences
- Good knowledge in Support process - ITIL
- Should be Technically strong in Unix, PL/SQL & Java
- Ensure all the RISK & COMPLIANCE processes are followed and implemented
- Lead/part of SRE team to enhance application and infrastructure resiliency of service through self-healing and automated failovers - target a 99.9% up-time to customers.
- Oversee the planned/unplanned disruption of production infrastructure to ensure accountability for building resilient, always-on systems.
- Build resilience into the application so underlying system failures are handled gracefully and do not impact end users. Influence design/development teams to always be thinking of the rainy-day scenarios.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate all manual and repeatable activities (toil) via tooling and automation
- Reduce the number of repeat incidents by permanently fixing the underlying root cause of issues
- Take responsibility for meeting SLA/XLA expectations around the operability and reliability of our critical user service journeys, where our customers expect a 24x7 digital service offering. Examples of "always on" techniques to be used include caching, circuit breakers, dark and canary releases, store and service patterns and alternate user experience flows.
- Lead, own, manage, monitor and optimize the reliability and health of all environments
- Design, code, implement break fixes to improve service availability based on outcomes from thematic reviews
Latency & Performance
- Drive conversation around development velocity using SLIs/SLOs data to ensure development velocity vs. service reliability is optimized in partnership with Product Teams
- Iteratively review SLI/SLO/Error Budget policy to ensure the quantitative indicators of customer experience are accurate
- Where an increased focus on reliability is required influence senior stakeholders to ensure resourcing / effort is made available
- Optimize monitoring to reduce false positive alerts
- Creatively deepen monitoring capabilities leveraging the 3 tenets of observability - logs, metrics and traces
- Ensure all critical user service journeys are traceable end to end
- Ensure Production Solutions are fit for purpose. Where gaps are identified put a plan in place to uplift the toolset
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment within Technology Services.
- Ensure support procedures are in place and adhere to Group Security & Audit policies within Technology Services.
- Active engagement with all audit issues arising in this support environment.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the governance, oversight, and controls and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Relevant degree in Computer Science/Technology and evidence of continuous professional development in an IT role
- Certified Scrum Master
Interested applicants, please send your CVs in Microsoft Word Format to Nishana Rahim. Email: email@example.com
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684