The Role Responsibilities
The Technology & Innovation (T&I) Vendor Management team enables the bank to control costs, drive service delivery and mitigate risks to ensure the bank extracts the full value from their third party engagements throughout the contract lifecycle.
The T&I Vendor Management team support all contract owners and provide management with the required oversight of all third party engagements by providing Contract Management, Performance Management, Financial Management, Relationship Management, Governance, Risk & Third Party Management, Document Management and Service Request Management services and support.
The Supplier Manager is responsible for post contract award (Day 2) supplier lifecycle management activities for assigned categories and/or stakeholders across the T&I domains. This will be performed in accordance with the Group's Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Standards to ensure that the organisation extracts the full value from its supplier engagements by driving service quality and effectively managing risks throughout the supplier lifecycle.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of the Bank's Enterprise Technology contracts and suppliers through collaboration with Service Domain Leads and diverse stakeholders.
- Lead, develop and manage relationship of strategic vendors that deliver high risk product and service categories to the Bank, which may involve cross-functional teams and multiple lines of business.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of vendors and contracts through proactive engagement and on-going management and segmentation of contracts to enable implementation of key controls, risk mitigation, reporting and performance management in accordance to the service levels and contractual terms and conditions.
- Act as the primary liaison between vendors and end users - facilitate meetings and communications between vendors and cross-functional stakeholders to drive the best outcome for the Bank.
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is maintained, and protect against any leakage in financial commitments, quality of service delivery or contractual loopholes.
- Work closely with the contract manager or service owner(s) to monitor supplier performance (SLA), to resolve disputes and impasse and ensure commercial terms and objectives are delivered throughout the term of the contract.
- Manage the contract change procedures, interfacing with Global Supply Chain Management and Group Legal as necessary, negotiate minor changes and coordinate major changes required to the contracts such as re-baselining / repricing, scope, and benchmarking exercises.
- Support business efficiency programmes, cost savings initiatives and other contract or supplier rationalisation as part of transformation or continuous improvement to drive best value for the service.
- Act as part of virtual team, developing oversight of all contract/vendor activities, issues and to provide feedback to Category Managers to improve on the sourcing strategies based on inputs from suppliers, market intelligence and lessons learned.
- Ensure all T&I third party engagements adhere to the Group Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Standards and provide regular reporting to key stakeholders and senior management
- Engage with TPRM team, associate risk groups and T&I process owners to ensure Third Party reports are available to the senior management teams in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Global Category Managers and Legal for negotiation and extension / renewal or termination of the current contracts, its volume-dependent price elements, and related commercial matters in accordance with the change processes and provisions in the contracts.
- Coordinate and execute programmes and procedures to ensure proper remediation and documentation is completed and implemented for high criticality contracts in adherence to the Bank's policies on vendor risk.
- Tracking and reporting of strategic vendor management activities, including spend analysis and quarterly balanced score cards.
- Support Senior Supplier Managers and other team members as and when needed to balance workload to deliver robust collective vendor management function.
- Ensure all T&I third party engagements adhere to the Group Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Standards and provide regular reporting to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the T&I Third Party Risk Standard (and associated responsibilities) and engage with associated Risk Group owners and T&I process owners on matters related to TPRM.
- To ensure that all environments supported by the team conform to Audit, GIS and Group IT Standard.
- Involvement in all audits (internal & external) & regulatory reviews and assist Risk and Compliance teams to follow-up on audit observations for closure in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Country Technology Manager, Group Compliance & Country Compliance and Risk & Controls, as and where necessary to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations as advice by Country Compliance & Group Compliance.
- Ensure all T&I third party engagements adhere to the Group Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Standards and provide regular reporting to senior management
- Work with TPRM team, associate risk groups and T&I process owners to ensure Third Party reports are available to the senior management teams in a timely manner.
- Support Third Party related audit, regulatory and risk responses and projects across T&I.
- Monitor delivery of contractual obligations, working with Contract Owners, Supply Chain Management, Legal, Finance and other functions as appropriate to resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope via commercial governance.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Other Teams - Supply Chain Management, IT Resilience, Third Party Security Risk, Business & Functions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Desired education - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years with Commercial, Finance, Sales, Procurement/Supply Chain, Contract Management and/or IT project delivery background with proven track record of managing strategic contracts or suppliers with spend of > USD 10 mil.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially MS-Excel), SharePoint. Preferably with knowledge of other IT tools and systems such as SAP Ariba, Confluence, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in stakeholder management up to CxO levels internally and externally with suppliers in complex business environment
- Good commercial acumen, interpersonal and communications skills and negotiation skills to influence and align demands, drive change and deliver the results.
- High integrity, self-motivated and ability to identify problems, contribute, propose solutions and follow-up diligently towards resolution.
- Team player and able to learn quickly, manage ambiguity in an agile environment and work effectively across multiple organisations in a global team.
- Sound knowledge of technology sourcing and contracting methodology, e.g. requirement analysis or scope definition, services/tender evaluation, legal-commercial principles and contract variations.
- Some level of familiarity with IT environment, emerging technologies and IT standards, policies and procedures and project management framework.
- Able to perform analysis and reports, develop and cocreate plan to address challenges, opportunities and synergies with a strategic mindset for the various lines of business as an Enterprise.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Risk management skills specifically related to third parties would be ideal.