Trade Services Analyst
To process Bank Guarantees/ Import/Export/transactions
- Ensure that all transactions and tasks assigned are processed/carried out in accordance with the operating/compliance procedures.
- Liaise and coordinate with the back office to ensure smooth processing of transactions within the set turnaround times
- Liaise with Marketing Officers and Risk whenever necessary regarding solutions for adhoc transactions touching on customer's risks and commitments or irregular transactions.
- Handle customer/internal inquiries effectively and provide advice on trade products
- Vetting of Bank guarantee texts, highlight problematic/missing clauses
- Initiate and input transactions as and when required.
- Also Verify and approve transactions within their authority level
- Look into customer's / correspondent's complaints in liaison with Team Manager.
- Perform any other duties delegated by Team Manager from time to time. .
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or permanent control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
Anti‐Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions "AML/FS") related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS‐related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
- 1 Year of experience in handling Bank guarantees issuances/reissuances.
- Preferably some experience in trade import/export transactions processing
- Working knowledge of the ICC rules relating to Guarantees and SBLCs/Documentary Credits/Collection
Company Reg No.: 201131609D l License No.: 11C4684 l EA Reg no: R21100351